I once had a student write to me, "It's great to be surrounded by your amount of energy because it radiates to us and motivates us to do whatever we're doing that much better." Truth be told, I do teach partially out of fear of becoming a dull person, but it's more that I never wish to exist in an environment that doesn't challenge people keep learning. Read more...
Emerson College - Boston, MA2009 - 2013 BA Theatre Education: Acting, Minor in Dance
- Training in movement, voice, scene work, and improvisation, as well as ensemble work including playmaking
- Numerous stage and screen credits - see professional resume
Massachusetts Certification in Theatre, Pre-K-12 as of February, 2014Adult/Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Mad Science - Los Angeles, CA (Present)Instructor
- In charge of facilitating dozens of engaging, interactive science workshops to students PreK - 8th grade throughout the LA region
- Constantly adapting to new curriculum, age range, class size, and school administrative personnel.
SpeakEasy Stage Company - Boston, MAYoung Company Coordinator
- Created and led workshops during rehearsal process designed to also provide young cast members the opportunity to develop their characters.
- Acted Child Wrangler for production of Far From Heaven.
- Primary liaison between production and parents; responsible for children's safety and well being throughout.
Field Mice Players - Brookline, MAAssistant Director
- Teaching assistant, acting stage manager, and guide for devised musical theatre piece created by 1st-2nd graders.
- Led generative group activities, helped develop a script that could accommodate 32 kids, and staged scenes.
Student Teaching at Malden High School - Malden, MAStudent Teacher
- Devised and successfully executed two units in Dramatic Literature using UBD curriculum format for a class of 33 students made up of Honors, ESL and IEP kids.
- Served as Assistant Director and Dialect Coach for the fall musical, worked with a group of 50+ students.
- Worked individually with Seniors on composing and editing their college application essays.
- Responsible for grading, assessment, and managing discipline issues of students.
Wheelock Family Theatre - Boston, MAMovement Specialist, Teaching Apprentice, Sound Designer
- Led workshops in character development and movement techniques as a part of WFT's Advanced Performance Intensive for Teens, including Viewpoints and Laban.
- Responsible for all choreographed and stylized movement in API showcase.
- Assisted stage manager in organization of costumes, props, and set during rehearsals and performance.
- Assembled soundtrack and called sound cues during API showcase.
- Met with students individually to discuss their progress how to achieve their personal goals for the intensive.
Cambridge Street Upper School - Cambridge, MAAssistant Director
- Teaching Teaching assistant, movement coach, and guide for a devised theatre piece created by 6th - 8th graders.
- Monitored break times and developed strategies to keep kids focused.